Thursday, July 16, 2009

The EYE & Cheshire Cheese




Last night I got to go up on the LONDON EYE, all caps used for special emphasis. It's not scary but it is a lot of fun and I had a great view of London. Luckily it did clear up by the time I went up there, earlier in the day it was raining and very cloudy.

Before the EYE I had a pasty at the Waterloo station. AMAZING. Must eat one again. Reduced me to sentence fragments.

After that I went with some of my classmates to the Cheshire Cheese which is on Fleet Street and is one of the first pubs rebuilt after the fire. It was really cool to find all these little tunnels and tables fit into cramped spaces. Famous writers used to meet there apparently, but I have no idea. I'm not a pub expert. On Fleet Street I did pass the Old Bailey which is the criminal court here in London. My teacher suggested I visit the Old Bailey for my research on law librarinship in the UK, but I don't even know if there is a librarian that works there. Either way it was still a cool looking building that I should try and visit when it's light outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment