Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stuff from yesterday I forgot






After the Museum of London and our lunch at the Barbican we went to the Imperial War Rooms which is where Churchill met with his staff during WWII. Everything is perfectly conserved. It's kind of eerie. There is also a Winston Churchill museum there. There is an interactive table that you can touch to highlight pretty much any day in Churchill's life and see what he did that day. He lived to be 90 years old I think so it's a really long table. I went through and saw what he did on the September 14s he lived, because that's my birthday.

I guess growing up in America you don't learn about him very much but I've grown an appreciation for him now. On the wall they had his quote, "We are all worms, but I believe I am a glow worm." I may have misquoted that I have no idea.

Then I went with Kendra to Buckingham Palace because she really wanted to go. We took mandatory tourist pictures, I tried to copy a statue, and we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment